Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dentist

Photos & Video: December 4, 2008

Here's a sneak peek at the level of excitement that occurred on our vacation: Jonas playing Dentist with mom and dad as patients. Awesome. I thought it was super-funny while I was taking the video of Jonas and Tony (as you can tell from the camera shaking and laughing) and I was simply cracking up while playing the part of the patient in the second video. I have re-watched both videos several times and still laugh out loud every time. Good stuff.


Tony and I both had dentist appointments on the same day and we took Jonas with us to try to get him used to the idea. Our friend Dawn is the hygienist that cleans our teeth and she was so nice to Jonas. When it was time to leave she made him a Dentist Kit with stuff to play dentist at home. My personal favorite is the mask. I have a feeling that this scene will be played again and again over the next few months. As long as the patients have enough patience.






3 comments:

tara doty said...

"clean enough."

enough said.

tara doty said...

but wait...

was it really cold at the dentist? or do they just make you more comfy w/ a blanket?

(nice tree!)

TileGirl said...

I'm sure you've heard that same comment at your work, Tara. Clean enough.

While Tony was taking the video I was thinking about the fact that I, the patient, was wrapped in a blankie. This was mainly due to the temperature but it is also quite comforting while having your teeth cleaned.

I actually have had a blanket put over me at the dentists by Dawn B. I was pregnant w/ Jonas and after the cleaning was finished and Dawn raised the chair back up I felt extremely faint and turned all pale and clammy. Low blood pressure and all that. So after Dawn freaked out for a minute she remembered to take action by lowering me back down and getting the granny blanket out to cover me up. We were just reminiscing about that at this last appointment. Good times.