I have been tempted in past years to buy a gingerbread house kit and I finally gave in this year. I decided at 4 years old Jonas would be able to do quite a bit of the decorating and have a lot of fun making the gingerbread house. He was so excited when he came home from grandma's house to find his very own gingerbread house assembled and ready for him to decorate. He picked which house he wanted to make his look like from the box kit and we did our best to duplicate it. I'm not the best at following directions for crafts...I like to say that I'm creative and go off in my own direction...but...really....I just don't read things thoroughly. So we have a one-of-a-kind gingerbread house and it's fantastic.
It was exciting to have the Advent Tree and Gingerbread House to add to my (sad) winterscape that I make on our old Magnavox record player (circa 1965). Jonas loved admiring his handiwork on the gingerbread house. He started off each day by adding a new star to the Advent Tree. These were two Christmas craft projects that were definitly worth doing.
Our oddly-shaped Christmas tree was a lot of fun to decorate. We put on some Christmas music and hauled out two big tubs of decorations and went to work. As usual, the majority of our ornaments are super-heavy and the wimpy limbs would not support them. As a result, many ornaments had to be hung on the sturdy part of the limb. We realized, when we finished, there was a line of ornaments down the trunk of our tree. That just added to the eclectic/ugly theme that we love.


I was trying to get a few good shots of Jonas in front of our tree in all its glory, but he just wanted to drum on the limbs with his improvised drumsticks.


Jonas took a short break from decorating to show off his Christmas Love dance moves.
1 comment:
okay, I NEVER use the abbrev. txt "LOL," but this is an exception!!!
LOL LOL LOL ;D
(also, this is how I imagine Tony and I would dance side by side if the opportunity presented itself.)
Post a Comment