Sunday, October 4, 2009

four


Layout: July 26, 2008 {originally blogged about here}

Here I go again, trying to get some real scrapbooking done. This page was a little tricky because I had so many things I wanted to include on the layout. I finally decided to make a file folder (pocket) in the top left corner and put the cake photos on top of it and then tuck a little two-side "file" about the cake inside the file folder. I was able to put the actual letters from the cake on the "file". Being able to include a little memento from the day is pretty cool. There are even greasy frosting smudges on the corners of some of them. Oh, how authentic!

Some of the details I love about this layout don't show as well once it's scanned and reduced and put out on the web. I  added some "office supply" details like the file folder tabs, the notebook paper for the cake detail journaling and the paper clip. I think I might need to add some staples for some extra fanciness somewhere. Staples make everything better, right?

So this is one side of the "file" describing the cake details.
(click on image to enlarge and read the riveting journaling)
 


This is the other side of the "file" with the cake topper letters. I did have to remove the popsicle sticks from the bottom that I used to stick them into the cake. There just wasn't enough room for the letters and the sticks in this little file folder.
(click to enlarge and see the greasy frosting smudges)
 

No comments: