Photos: July 26, 2008Four is a great age for Jonas. He's finally able to appreciate all the aspects of having a birthday. He loved knowing that his birthday was coming up and that he would be four years old. He loved finding out (the day before) that he was going to have a party. He was wildly impressed that I baked him a birthday cake even though it didn't come out of the pan right and had a big dent in one side. He was even more impressed that I frosted it and put his name on it (to hide the big dent.) He loved, loved, loved the balloons and the Happy Birthday banner that we decorated the yard with. He really enjoyed seeing all the grandparents and aunties and uncles all at the same time. Jonas was so into having a birthday party this year and that made all the extra effort of squeezing in a party on a super busy weekend all worth it.
We had lunch outside to build up our energy for a present-opening marathon.



And the marathon begins....

Oh, it's CANDYLAND!!!! (and later...Oh, it's ANOTHER CANDYLAND!!)

Tony was nice enough to read all the cute cards that people gave to Jonas.
I hope you can see in the photo below that Jonas is gasping with joy over the Thomas the Train item he's unwrapping. Thomas is one of his favorite characters and he was stoked about the numerous Thomas themed gifts.
This was Tony's favorite gift given to Jonas by Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Frank. Tony has many, many fond memories of riding his Big Wheel and terrorizing his neighborhood. He rode it so much and peeled out so many times that he wore holes in the plastic tires. Classic. I can only hope the same for Jonas...although he still can't pedal very well so I think the tires are safe for now.
And now for some candle action....
No comments:
Post a Comment