Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Everyone Loves a Parade?

Photos and Video: May 29, 2009

A post from last summer, entitled Everyone Loves a Parade, Jonas was thrilled to watch the Fair Parade in Redmond. I thought he would have been even more excited to watch a parade at Disneyland but, alas, no. It was most likely due to being over-tired and having waited in line numerous times throughout the day, but whatever the cause Jonas was not too thrilled to stand around waiting for a parade that was not even going to throw candy to him. Oh, the injustice of it all. The photo above and the one just below accurately depict how he really felt about the whole situation.


Even though he wasn't stoked about waiting for the parade, he was still able to follow the directions of the High School Musical type singer that demanded "Put yer hands up!"


This was not long after the parade and you can see that Jonas was able to pull himself out of his funk. Perhaps because had just come out of It's a Small World where we had raced over to just after the parade and jumped right into a boat. This was our second trip through and I thought to myself "Wow, it really is a small world after all." (Ok, how many of you have the Small World song running through your head right now? Come on, be honest. Yeh, it's not going to stop for a few hours. Good luck with that.)

We didn't get to meet Goofy but this is his chair. Pretty sweet.

This was in the Disney Firehouse. I hope this isn't the primary way they would try to put out a fire at the park. If so, maybe they should consider upgrading.

The Pirate's Lair island was quite the adventure. You get to ride over to it on a very homemade looking log raft and then explore all over in caves, tunnels, a tree house and over a cool rope bridge. We could barely get Jonas out of the tunnels and caves, that was his fave and he would have stayed there all day if he could have.

Jonas was captured by the Pirates and imprisoned in this gruesome bone and skull cage. (gasp!)

1 comment:

tara doty said...

amy wuh! you make me laugh so much. ;D you photos are priceless and I esp. enjoy/almost can't stand reading cuz I'm cracking up the commentary...!!!

I will comment more tomorrow after Mae and I watch the vids. (she likes to watch like they're feature films -- over and over..)

love you.