Photos and Video: March 7, 2009These photos will forever crack me up. Even thought the glasses are obviously painted on (crookedly by me) this is really what Jonas would look like if he had to wear glasses. A super-cute slightly nerdy look, but maybe the nerdy part is just because they're so crooked. Or maybe the nerdy part is the cloud and rainbow. Hard to tell.
This all came about at church yesterday. We had our annual AWANA Grand Prix car race and carnival day. There were some fun/silly carnival type games and this year we added face painting to the festivities. Tracy O. and I painted faces and the lucky kids were the ones that ended up being painted by Tracy. She really did a superior job. Sadly, my son came to me for his rainbow, Jesus fish and then I talked him into some glasses after Tracy painted glasses on her son Austin. I didn't have my camera at church so I will be indebted to Jamey and Tracy to pass on some pics of Jonas and Austin together in their matching square glasses. It was impossible to look at them without cracking up.
Later that night a dinner I couldn't resist taking some more photos and a video. (And yes, my four year old is still wearing a bib....sad but true. I am happier with less food on the floor and clothes. At least I don't make him take one to preschool with him for snack time.)



This is Jonas' entry for the Grand Prix race. He decided to make a truck, a truck like mine. Awwwe. That's so sweet. Like his bus last year, we put photos in the windows of the truck. I asked which side he wanted his picture to be and he insisted on the passengers side. I thought for sure he would want to be the driver since he asked not too long ago when he would "get to sit in that seat" pointing at the drivers side.


He really lucked out in the race. Even though his truck was incredibly slow, he got third place for speed. I might add that there were only four kids racing in his class. He also got first place for design so he walked away with TWO trophies and ribbons. Woo-Hoo!!! Jonas was soooo excited.

Tony, as you can see, was also into the face painting. I didn't get a close-up of it because of the death-glare I was getting when I started taking photos, but the blue and yellow cross that Tracy painted on was super-cool. Tony was one of only two adults that were cool enough to get their faces painted. (Both adults had Tracy as their face-painter....they had been paying attention.)I don't really know why Jonas is choking himself with his truck. At least he's super-excited about it.
At the end of the night I had to take a couple more photos before washing off the face paint. Jonas could not believe it when I started washing off his glasses. He got a little teary about it but recovered pretty quickly. That rainbow was a kinda stubborn, though. It took a good scrubbin' to get that off.
Head thrown back in a maniacal {fake} laughing fit.
3 comments:
well... ;)
first, love the pics of the glasses -- will this be his eventual fate??
second, enjoyed your storytelling VERY much - you are so dang funny, Amy. I swear.
third, now please give me credit for reading and commenting 1st and always. hehe
love, Tara
Thanks, Tara. Of course you get props for being the *most* consistent and prompt commenter at Jonas Update. I know a lot of people look at my blog and just don't comment or experience technical difficulties and have given up on commenting. And there are others who do email their comments to me...and for that I thank you all. It's nice to get feedback. With all that said, Tara is still the Queen of comments and it will take a lot to de-throne her but if anyone is up for the challenge: go for it.
from the Queen:
NO ONE will comment more than ME!
haha.. ;D
Post a Comment