Deschutes County Fair Parade
Is there any happier moment in a child's life than when they have their cup holder full of parade candy that they have scrounged for off of the filthy street? I think not.
Jonas had an awesome time at the parade this year. Previous parades have been a little disappointing but this year was great. It was almost as cool as I remember it being when I was a kid. Every year I would walk away with a grocery sack stuffed full of candy. Did my mom really let me eat all that candy? (I'm so thankful that we only ended up with a couple small handfuls which Jonas ate 5 pieces of.)
Below is the Eberhard's milk truck which was handing out small cartons of chocolate milk! This is the first time I've witnessed chocolate milk at a parade. This really blows away all the rootbeer barrels and starlight mints that were in my candy bag!
Another really cool first time appearance was the Terrebonne Thriftway float. Someone had the ingenious idea of crafting an enormous grocery cart and filling it with all sorts of candy and food. There was also candy and food walking along in front of the cart. It was awesome but the photos, unfortunately, do not do it justice. (click on photos to get a better look.)
Jonas was much more courageous about getting after the candy this year. At previous parades he could hardly find the candy 2 feet away from him. This year he would (after asking) run out into the middle of the street during a break in the parade to get a stray piece of candy. Below shows the joy on the run back.
No comments:
Post a Comment