Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Go Your Own Way


Photos: December 5, 2006
Journaling: April 16, 2008

I've finally made it back to my scrapbook pages after long neglect. The last few months I've gotten sidetracked with another crafty-obsession and haven't gotten anything done on Jonas' scrapbook so I am now more than a year behind. (The new crafty-obsession is gift related so I won't elaborate until after I've given them.) Oh well. Still fun even if I'm perpetually behind.

I am somewhat proud of myself that this page was created without a special trip to the scrapbook store for supplies. I actually managed to create this out of the impossibly large stash of supplies that I've been accumulating over the last several years. Other scrapbook-aholics will nod along in agreement when I say that sometimes I buy stuff that I think is so cool (or is potentially so cool) and I have a hard time using it because I don't want to "waste" it. Case-in-point: the library card with journaling on it in this layout is actually older than Jonas is. Sad, but true. But today I had the courage to use the cool library card and I think it was the perfect addition to this somewhat simple page.

1 comment:

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! It is always fun to connect with fellow scrapbookers! :) I totally know what you mean about buying supplies but not wanting to waste them. My problem is that I always want to use my newest stuff so my pile of "old" stuff keeps getting larger. I have a feeling that I'll use a lot of my stash once the twins arrive though...I won't have time to go out and buy new stuff!