Photos: February 11, 2009Jonas totally got his craft on getting ready for his first Valentine's Day party at preschool. I was going to buy a box of little valentines but didn't see any that I liked the theme of (I didn't want Jonas to be the kid that handed out the lame valentines.) I decided to just by a pack of glittery pencils and we could make little pennants out of them. Red pencils for the boys and purple for the girls (well, one girl and Miss Donna, his teacher.) Jonas added the stamps and stickers and we had some fancy, homemade valentines.
I was feeling so clever using the pencil to be the cool gift and not doing candy....that is until Jonas came home with his haul of valentines from his classmates and he had not one or two but three pencils! Apparently the valentines manufacturers had a similar idea and made sets of boxed valentines with slits in them that you could slide a pencil through. I guess it's the Year of the Pencil at Kidz Center School.


2 comments:
those are beauteeful "balentimes"
I still think you're the true ORIGINAL! ;D
(Mae's cards came w/ tatoos.)
Thanks, Tara. You're so kind.
Wow, tattoos. Did they say things like "I {heart} Mom" or more like skull and cross bones? Either way I think: super-cool.
Post a Comment