Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bee the Fisherman

Photos: September 23, 2008

Jonas was very excited to show me this little bee he made at school. It's a really cute craft with pom-pom balls and googly eyes made into a bumble bee finger puppet. As I was taking these photos I asked what his bee's name was. "He doesn't have a name. But...maybe we could call him Bee the Fisherman. Ya, that's a good name." Ooookay.

The top photo cracks me up for several reasons. First off he looks completely goofy, especially compared to the rest of the photos. It's like he's two different kids from one photo to the next. Secondly, it looks as though he's afraid of the bee and fears that he might, in fact, get stung. And last, I laugh because "the look" is caught on film that reminds me so much of our friend Clyde Tucker at this age. There have been various times when Jonas reminds us of Clyde and it's mostly in a look or when he's dressed a certain way that we see some Clyde-ness in him. Clyde is an awesome kid and Jonas being like him is great.


1 comment:

tara doty said...

awww...your photo commentary made me not only laugh, but sniffle. so sweet - and you're right about the "looks".....

we just love this boy.
"thanks for sharing."
(I quoted that since it sounds like something a grandparent would say, but I really do mean it!)