Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Need to Be a Team!! (a.k.a. "Catch it To Me!!")






Photos: January 5, 2008

The following is a scene that has been replayed numerous times in our house on any given evening or weekend.

Jonas: Hey. Dad. I have an idea! You want to catch the ball with me?
Dad: Sure. Where's the ball?
Jonas: Oh. I don't know where is the ball. (yelling into the kitchen) HEY MOM! I DON'T KNOW WHERE IS THE BALL!!! CAN YOU FIND IT FOR US??

(after some discussion of look-for-it-in-the-[fill in the blank x 10] the game begins)

Dad: Ok, Jonas. Are you ready to catch it?
Jonas: Ya, Dad. Catch it to me!!! Catch it to me!! (looking anywhere but at the ball)
Dad: Ok. Keep your eye on the ball. Ready?
Jonas: Ok. Ready! (still looking down or around or with eyes shut.)
Dad: Here it comes....(throwing the ball right into Jonas' hands.)
Jonas: Whoa!! (misses the ball) Oh. Almost. (yelling into the kitchen) HEY MOM. I MISSED THE BALL. BUT THAT'S OK!!! Here Dad!! (throwing ball wildly, possibly into the lamp or tv.)
Jonas: Hey. Dad. I need to be a TEAM!! (runs into his bedroom comes back out with his Laker's jersey.) Can you help me be a team, Dad? Please!!
Dad: Ok. I'll help you.

(gets the uniform on)

Jonas: Oh. Dad. I almost forgot. I need my helmet. (yelling into the kitchen) HEY MOM. I NEED MY HELMET. YOU KNOW WHERE IS IT?
Mom: It's upstairs.
Jonas: OKAY!!!! Dad, I'm gonna get my helmet. MOM SAYS IT'S UPSTAIRS!!!!!

(gets helmet)

Jonas: Ok, Dad. I'm ready. CATCH IT TO ME!!!

(this goes on until one or both parents get(s) extremely tired of the game or until something gets broken...usually the former)

3 comments:

tara doty said...

that's some awesome team-sportage -- love how the yellows match. also love the warm under-layer to the outfit.

Anonymous said...

What's up with the Kobe Bryant jerz? Were they all out of OJ Simpson gear?

TileGirl said...

Oh, Chris Doty. You are soooo funny! And, just so you know: Yes. They were all out of OJ gear. (must be popular)