Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To the Farm!!!

Photos: October 17, 2008

This was our fourth visit to D&D Ranch out in Terrebonne. Grandma Rose and Grandpa Jim joined us this year and they had a lot of fun watching Jonas roam around the farm and pumpkin patch first hand. It was a fabulous day, especially for the middle of October. I think it got up to 79 degrees. Perfect.

First we headed out to the pumpkin patch with wagon in tow.

I was pretty impressed with Jonas carrying the big pumpkins. He's got serious muscles.

After the pumpkin patch we had a quick picnic lunch and then Jonas braved the petting zoo. He was a little unsure at first (typical) but after awhile decided that the sheep were his very favorite animals.



Ever have that feeling that you're being watched?

Classic farmer pose?Here's Jonas hucking straw at the goats. He really wanted to feed them but didn't want to get too close.
Giant pig. Sweet.

An even giant-er cow. I had to do some major reassuring to get Jonas to stand this close to the cow.
I can't believe they grow such cute vegetables at this farm.

Well, this one isn't a vegetable but it's a pretty cute boy with a weird trapezoid for a hat.

This video is hilarious (to me) for numerous reasons. The off-camera conversation between Grandma Rose and Tony is funny (to me.) Jonas going from one pumpkin to the next and ripping the handles off is super funny, too (to me.) You'll know he's ripped off another one when you hear me giggling and moving the camera violently. Hey, I'm not a professional. (that explains a lot)



My apologies to D&D Ranch for A) letting my child abuse numerous pumpkins and B) not buying a single pumpkin. But on the bright side Grandpa Jim bought us all ice cream and I think that cost about $20 so we'll just call it even.

1 comment:

tara doty said...

hey buddy - you break it, you buy it!!

man, I got lots of LOL's out of the vids -- they're almost right up there w/ last year's p.p. video of Tony freaking over the dead sunflower touching him..almost!

(so sorry for the late commenting - but just know that I do read and love the blog.)