Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Undershirt






Photos: March 23, 2008

Scene: Easter morning getting dressed for church.

Mom: Here, put on this undershirt.
Jonas: Oh, undershirt. (puts it on) Do you like my undershirt, Mom? (patting his chest)
Mom: Um, ya. It's nice. (laughing)
Jonas: Do you want to get your camera and take a picture of my undershirt?
Mom: Do you want me to take a picture?
Jonas: Um, yes. Get your camera, Mom!

I love how the photos turned out. This is the same spot I took a lot of the photos of Jonas during his first few months. It's on a small couch in Jonas' room which is perfect for photos when the morning light shines in his window. I love how the lighting really shows off his blue eyes. (click on photos to enlarge)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, he looks so grown up. Weird how an undershirt can make him look older?

The dialogue is hilarious. Maybe he's more of a showman than I thought.

T

frank said...

how very proud we are to be related!

how proud we are of the job you're doing raising this beautiful kid!

how much we wonder...raising a son like jonas, can't even be considered a 'job' per-se...right?!?!?!

cute pics. cute dialogue. cute web-page.

please, please, keep up the good work, mom...

grandma and grandpa bonnie and frank

tara doty said...

he's a freakin' male model is what he is!

(and I sooo do not mean this is the "metro" sort of way...)

why not call his "undershirt" by it's more FORMAL name...hmmm?

Anonymous said...

Dear Cooks:

That is some nice morning light. Would you mind if I come over one morning to have my picture taken in my undershirt and other various stages of undress?

http://www.retrorepros.com/product.php?productID=103830

Doty

TileGirl said...

Nice portrait, Doty. I think we could come up w/ something better though. Come over tomorrow morning, say 9am? That's when the light is best. Tony is a great photographer and he'll be delighted in the challenge.